Saturday 26 July 2014

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation Review

Hello my loves!

Recently I've had a lot of requests to do a review on the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation (long enough name?), so here it is! :)

I picked up this foundation while I was in Hawaii in May, as I'd heard Shaaanxo rave about it and lets be honest, I feel the need to try anything that girl recommends! It set me back $42USD in Sephora.

What it claims: "Stay flawless for 15 hours with this photo shoot secret to picture perfect skin. This long wearing, hydrating formula blurs imperfections using light diffusing spheres and delivers natural-looking, buildable medium-to-full coverage while keeping skin hydrated and shine free all day."
I'll start off with noting that I have normal to dry skin which can be rather sensitive at times. But then again, there are those random days where my skin seems a little on the oily side through the T-zone - rare - and I have worn this foundation during all types of skin days :)



The colour range is pretty good, but to be honest I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking at them as I was matched to the lightest colour (1.1), so I didn't really have much reason to play around with shades!
I do have deceivingly pale skin, but if you're paler than I am (Illamasqua "SB4.5", Benefit Hello Flawless "Ivory", Loreal True Match "D1.W1 Golden Ivory") then sadly you won't be able to find a match!

The bottle is made of glass, and it has a pump (hoorah!) to dispense the foundation.

Now, on to the contents.

I don't know how else to describe this foundation other than - it's amazing. For me, it really does live up to the claims!

I apply this with a damp Beauty Blender sponge, and it works like a dream. The coverage is medium but is definitely buildable to full coverage. It doesn't look cakey or over the top when you apply more than one layer.

It really does blur imperfections, and for me personally, I think it improves the longer you have it on! It seems to settle (in a good way) and blend in to the skin seamlessly after a little while, and it becomes more natural looking. I swear it still looks flawless after an 8hr work day!


The finish is semi-dewy for me. I always set my liquid foundations with a powder though, so this doesn't really affect me either way.

Overall, I would say this is my favourite liquid foundation that I own. I would definitely recommend it if you have similar skin to mine. If your skin is different, it is definitely worth picking up a sample of this if you can get your hands on it, because if it works for you, it is so worth the money!

Are there any other foundations you would like me to review? Let me know!

Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment