Tuesday 24 June 2014

40 Beauty Questions tag!

Hellooo guys!

Today I thought I would post something a little different, so I've decided to do the 40 Beauty questions tag! :)
I'll post the makeup questions first, and then move on to the skincare ones! 
Here goes!

MAKEUP!

Q1. What foundation do you use?
My go to foundation at the moment is the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour foundation! It has amazing coverage and wears beautifully throughout the day!
I also must give a special mention to the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. Love this stuff, I've been using it forever!

Q2. How about concealer?
I love using MAC Prolongwear concealer under my eyes and blending it out over my cheekbones for a highlighted effect. For blemishes I can't go past the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer.

Q3. Do you know your undertone colour?
I do! I've got beige/ slightly golden undertones!

Q4. What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love them! I wish I had more time and patience to wear them every day. Sometimes I wear them during the day, but I mainly wear them out at night or to special events.

Q5. Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I do indeed! But lets be honest, it doesn't always happen. 

Q6. What brand of mascara do you use?
At the moment I'm using a combination of the Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara and the Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara (which is practically empty, I just love using the wand to comb through my lashes after applying the first mascara).

Q7. Sephora or MAC?
Sephora. Bigger selection, much wider choice - Makeup, skincare, haircare, fragrances and more! I do love MAC, but I'm so excited for Sephora to come to Australia!

Q8. Do you have a MAC Pro card?
Sadly, no! Not yet ;)

Q9. What tools do you use in makeup application? 
I use a combination of makeup brushes (Sedona Lace, Ecotools, xobeauty, etc) makeup sponges (Beauty Blender, Real techniques) and if I'm in a hurry I use my hands! :)

Q10. Do you use a makeup base/ primer for the eyes?
Yes, always! I feel strange if I don't. Some of my favourites are the Urban Decay Primer Potion, Maybelline Colour Tattoos and MAC paintpots.

Q11. For the face?
Some days I do, some days I don't. It depends on the foundation I'm using. I really love illuminating primers, though.

Q12. What is your favourite eyeshadow colour or shade?
My favourite colours to wear on my eyes are warm bronzes, purples and teals.

Q13. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I love using both! Liquid eyeliner for a more defined, crisp look, and pencil for a more smudged out effortless type look.

Q14. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never, really! Now mascara is a different story...

Q15. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Sometimes they can be a little messy and fussy to use, but they're worth it if they're good quality! The trick is a good base :)

Q16. Do you use mineral makeup?
Not at the moment, no! But I've tried it and I like some brands more than others ;)

Q17. What is your favourite lipstick?
I think I'll have to go with Snob or Up The Amp by MAC! I also love bright purples :)

Q18. How about lipgloss?
I don't really wear lipgloss, so I can't say I have a favourite!

Q19. What is your favourite blush to use?
Katie by Illamasqua. Absolutely adore it. Check out my top 10 blushes post to see my full opinion and my other favourites!

Q20. Do you buy your makeup on eBay?
Rarely. I'm too paranoid!
  
Q21. Do you like drugstore makeup?
Do I like drugstore makeup... Pffffft! Of course I do! Some of my favourite products are drugstore brands :)

Q22. Do you go to CCO's (Cosmetic Company Outlets)?
If theres a good one, heck yes! They don't pop up too often though, and the permanent ones around my area are a bit dodgy.

Q23. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I have indeed! Not sure what I'll do though. I'm too indecisive.

Q24. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not really no. Which surprises me because I'm generally a pretty clumsy person in every other aspect of my life!  

Q25. Name a makeup crime that you hate?
People telling me what I can and can't do on my own face. If I want to wear bright blue lipstick I'm gonna do it! As long as you're comfortable and you like the way you look, then you can wear your makeup however you like :) As long as you're not affecting anyone else, do what makes you happy! 

Q26. Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?       
Refer to my last question ;) I like both! Depending on what mood I'm in :)

Q27. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Rupaul! Oh mah gawwwd.

Q28. If you had to leave the house wearing only one makeup item, what would you choose?
If my skin has had a reaction to something and it's red and blotchy, or if I'm particularly tired I'll go with concealer. If I'm having a good skin day, I'll go with mascara!

Q29. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Of course! I do it all the time!

Q30. Do you think you look good without makeup on?
If I don't have any makeup on, I'm generally in a mood where I'm too lazy to care :)

Q31. In your opinion, what is the best makeup line?
Drugstore I would have to go with Maybelline or Loreal, and high end I would go for MAC! They have a bigger range than most companies.

Q32. What do you think of makeup?
I absolutely adore it! The possibilities are endless.

SKINCARE!

Q33. How many times do you wash your face daily?
I always remove my makeup and wash my face at night without fail. Sometimes I wash my face in the morning too, but I'm not as strict with that.

Q34. What skin type do you have?
I've got sensitive skin, and at the moment it is really quite dry on my nose! My cheeks generally stay pretty normal but my T-zone changes.

Q35. What is your current facial wash?
Lush Angels on Bare Skin. Cannot speak highly enough of this cleanser!

Q36. Do you exfoliate?
Sure do! My Lush face wash is a gentle enough exfoliator for daily use :)       

Q37. What brand do you use?
...Lush? I'm also a fan of the St. Ives Green Tea scrub.

Q38. What moisturiser do you use?
My HG moisturiser is the Nivea Sensitive Soothing Day Cream. It has been discontinued sadly, but my mum and I found a heap of them at Target one day and bought them all! I also love the Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion. I get the small squeezy tube and it lasts me forever for my face!

Q39. Do you have freckles?
I don't!

Q40. Do you use eye cream?
I've tried a few but haven't found one that I love yet. So no, not really.

Q41. (What?) Do you or did you ever have acne prone skin?
Thankfully, no. I get the occasional spot here and there, but nothing major. I tend to have more problems with redness!

Q42. Have you ever had to use Proactiv?
I tried it once upon a time, but the lady told me that I should use the body wash on my face as it is more gentle than the traditional 3 step system -  but even that was way too harsh.

So that's it! 40 Questions my butt... I wonder if anyone else who answered these noticed that?

I tag you! Go go go!

Xx.          

       

 

  




    
     

No comments:

Post a Comment