Thursday 12 June 2014

Review: Bare Minerals 'well-rested' eye brightener

Hey everyone!

Today I've got a little review on the Bare Minerals eye brightener in 'well-rested' for you!


I was sitting here today thinking about the products I reach for every day, those that can't be replaced with anything else, because they're in a league of their own. And of course, this little pot of happiness was the first that sprung to mind!


Use: This is a loose powder product used to illuminate under the eyes and conceal dark circles. It's quite light, and it has a yellowish undertone with sliiight shimmers (perfect for brightening, but not enough to make you look like a 4 year old). It can be worn over liquid concealer/ foundation, or it can be worn alone! You can also use this down the bridge of the nose and on your cupids bow to give a subtle highlight.

Cost: 
This cost me $24.95AUD from Kit Cosmetics, which I think is amazing!
I've had this for more than a year and I've used it every single day that I've worn makeup. The amazing part is I've only used about 2/3 of the product, so it lasts a very long time!

Packaging:
The packaging is pretty straight forward. It's a loose powder, so it has a screw top lid and inside there is an insert that twists to allow an opening to dispense the product.
I close this after I use it to prevent the product from shaking out and spilling everywhere when I open the lid the next time!




Application:
You only need the tiniest amount of product to do the job, so I shake out a little into the inside of the lid and swirl a small fluffy brush (I usually reach for the Sedona Lace 217 brush) around in the powder and lightly buff it under my eyes. 
Most days I use this over a liquid concealer to further lighten and brighten the undereye area, but on days that I don't feel like wearing a crazy amount of makeup I do wear this alone! It blends in with the skin amazingly on top of liquid concealer/ foundation or over bare skin. Bye bye dark circles!

Swatches: 
The first picture shows the product swatched heavily - 

 And the second shows it more blended out -

Overall:
So far I haven't found a product that compares with this! It conceals and adds coverage without looking cakey, it brightens without being glittery and over the top, it lasts all day whether layered over another product or worn alone, and it's an amazing price, even in AUD! Couldn't ask for more, I highly recommend!

Xx.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment