Monday 2 June 2014

May favourites 2014!

Hey everyone!

When did it suddenly become June? Is this year going crazy fast for you too?
Today I've gathered up all of my favourite products from the month of May to show you what I've been loving and why! :)

First up is the Lush 'Angels on bare skin' cleanser:


I'll start off by saying I have pretty sensitive skin. It used to be a lot worse, but I still struggle with finding cleansers that don't make my face sting and cause big red patches on my skin. 
I don't have acne, but I do get the occasional spot now and then and it's usually the kind that stays under the surface and just hurts.
This has been a life saver for me. It's a mild exfoliant, so my skin feels clean and soft after I've used it. It calms down the redness on my face, and helps keep my skin clear. 
Most importantly, it doesn't make my skin feel uncomfortable, and I don't feel the need to run full speed to grab my moisturiser as soon as I've dried my face.
In short, it's amazing.

My next favourite is my EOS Lip balm:


I have this in 'Strawberry Sorbet' and I picked it up while I was in Hawaii at the start of the month. 
Now, I'm not going to lie, one of the main reasons I like this is the novelty of it...
But it's also an awesome lip balm, it works well and it feels and smells lovely.

L'Oréal Lumi Magique 'Pure Light' primer:


Earlier this month I picked up the M.A.C Strobe Cream, and I've actually been reaching for this so much more than that. 
The two are very similar, and they aim to create a luminous base for your foundation, for a dewy skinned look which can be harder to achieve in the colder months.
It works wonderfully with light/ medium coverage foundations, and the primer still peeks through, but if you're using a more full coverage foundation, I would suggest mixing this in with it to get the same glowy result.

Smashbox 'Studio Skin' 15 hour wear hydrating foundation:


Okay, this foundation possibly has one of the longest names ever!
This stuff is liquid gold. I absolutely adore it.
It has amazing coverage without looking cakey, and it wears wonderfully (I actually think it looks better the longer you wear it).
I purchased this after seeing 'Shaaanxo' rave about it in one of her YouTube videos, and boy am I glad I did!
Safe to say this has risen to HG status, and I've only had it a few weeks! Cannot recommend this enough!  

NARS 'Radiant creamy concealer':


Hands down, the best concealer I've ever used. Ever.
Amazing coverage, buildable, and actually stays on blemishes.
You know, when you try to cover up a spot with concealer and it just won't stick? Not a problem with this bad boy. 
I also use this under my eyes and it works a treat!


M.A.C Paintpot in 'Painterly':


Now I'm sure you've all heard of this product a million times, but it's so worth the hype!
I had been tossing up between 'Painterly' and 'Soft Ochre' for months and months, and then I finally went with this guy.
Some days, you don't want to do much with your eyes. Say, you just want to apply some winged liner and mascara. I always feel strange applying nothing to my lids, and that's where 'Painterly' comes in. It's so handy to just chuck on when you're going for a simple look, and equally handy to use as a base for any other look! 
It covers any discolouration on the lids and it doesn't crease!

Benefit 'Hervana' Boxed Blush:


Isn't it just so pretty?
I'm such a fan of pale pink cheeks (think 'Katie' by Illamasqua) and this fits into that category well! It's definitely on the natural end of the scale in comparison to some of my others, but I've been reaching for it so much this month. 
I mean just look at it! How could you not fall in love? And it also smells gorgeous! Not overpowering, just a light sweet smell. Yum! 

Last but not least, 'Lightscapade' by M.A.C:


It is so hard to capture the beauty of this product in a picture! It's absolutely stunning. It has swirls of champagne, yellow, pink, copper, blue and so much more! 
I'm a big powder highlight fan, and this little gem is a welcome addition to my collection.
If you can get your hands on it, you need it. 

That sums up my May favourites! What have you been loving this month? 
Thank you so much for reading :)

Xx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment