Monday 16 June 2014

Top 10 favourite blushes

Hi everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!) <- Surely I'm not the only one who does this?

How are we all? :)

Today I've got a suuuper exciting post for you...
My top 10 favourite blushes!

My blush drawer ft. my cat Riley! He wouldn't get up :/

Yay! Blush is my favourite makeup item, and I definitely have the most of it out of all of the things in my collection.

I've got blushes from both high end and drugstore. I've got cult classics and I've found hidden gems. I've got more blush than I "need", but lucky for you guys, this means I've tried and tested enough to be able to show you my current top 10!

These are in no particular order with the exception of the last on the list. That is my holy grail #1 blush that I would trade all others for if I had to. Keep reading to find out what it is!

Essence Silky Touch blush in '10 Adorable'-
Essence Silky Touch blush - $4.50AUD
This blush a light peachy pink colour, with very fine glitter. The glitter is barely visible on the skin, and just adds a glow to your cheeks! This is such an easy every day colour, it goes with any makeup look, and it's the one I take with me while traveling!

NARS blush in 'Orgasm'-
NARS blush - $45AUD
Now you've all heard of this one, but I had to put it in! This blush is known for being a gorgeous peachy pink shade with that famous gold shimmer. Heaps of brands have their own recreations, but so far from what I've tried, none of them beat the original!

NYX Cream blush in '02 Natural'-
NYX cream blush - $11.95AUD
This has got to be my favourite cream blush yet. It's a dusty pink colour with no shimmers or glitters, so as the name suggests, it does look quite natural once applied to the cheeks. It is so easy to apply and blends like a dream!

Benefit blush in 'Hervana'-
Benefit blush - $51AUD
This stuff is absolutely gorgeous! It's expensive, yes. But totally worth it! It's got swirls of apricot, dusty pink, lilac and a pretty highlight all in one. I'm such a fan of blush that leans on the lilac side. It smells beautiful and it looks amazing on the cheeks! Love it!

BYS blush in 'Candyfloss'-
BYS blush - $3.95AUD
Don't let the price of this one fool you. For a very long time this was the only blush I would reach for, every day. It is yet another peachy pink blush, and it is not dissimilar to the Essence blush mentioned above. It is slightly warmer than the Essence blush, and not so baby pink. It is impossible to overdo it with this one, yet it is pigmented and blends beautifully. This would definitely rank in my top 3 favourites.

Models Prefer Soft Touch blush in 'Charisma'-
Models Prefer Soft Touch blush - $12.99AUD
This blush is one that I picked up on a whim one day while browsing around at Priceline. For memory I grabbed it because it looks similar to Benefits boxed powders and I wanted to see what it was like! It is such a pretty apricot colour with plenty of gold shimmer. It looks healthy and glowy when applied to the cheeks, and acts as a highlight at the same time as a blush. Booonus!


Sportsgirl Make Me Blush cream blush in 'Pink'-
Sportsgirl cream blush - $9.95AUD
I wouldn't call it dusty or peachy.. I think the name 'Pink' is a pretty accurate desription of this colour! It's a light pink, but not quite baby pink. The application of this one is drier than the NYX cream blush, so it's a little harder to work with. But once you warm the product up between your fingers you're set! 


MAC powder blush in 'Well Dressed'-
MAC powder blush - $41AUD
This one is on the pricier side, but I obviously think it's worth it! Well Dressed is a cooler shade of pink, which almost throws a little on the lilac side on my skin. It has a teeny amount of fine glitter in it, but nothing crazy. I absolutely adore it, and it's another one of those blushes that you can throw on with any eye look!

Rimmel Match Perfection blush in '001 Light'-
Rimmel Match Perfection blush - $14.95AUD
Easy peasy to apply, perfect natural flush of pink. I've had this one in my collection for a while, and it used to be my go to blush when I was first getting into them! Happy memories :)

And the last on the list... The all time favourite... The only blush that I actually ranked out of my whole collection... My number one is...

Illamasqua Powder Blusher in 'Katie'-
Illamasqua Powder Blusher - $35
I absolutely cannot say enough good things about this blush. I LOVE it. It's a cool toned pale pink, which when applied to the cheeks makes me look like a doll! It's velvety smooth and applies like nothing else. It blends beautifully and has a matte finish. So easy to layer with your favourite highlighting products, but still looks amazing when applied alone. 
The girl at the Illamasqua counter told me that this wouldn't suit me, and instead talked me into a different shade. When I got home I knew I had to have it anyway so I ordered it from ASOS online (hate to say it, but they're cheaper there anyway. Plus, free shipping! Yes please!) and I'm so very happy that I did! 
It's not the kind of shade that is for everyone but like any makeup, if you like it and it makes you happy, then wear it! Don't listen to anyone else. You're not wearing it for their satisfaction anyway!

So that's it! My top 10 blushes (for the time being, at least ;))

Thank you so much for reading!

Xx.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Totally got the Simpson's reference ;) I have the a couple of BYS blushes and Candyfloss is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Sportsgirl had cream blushers! I've never seen them! They make some really amazing products! Oh and that Illamsqua blush is perf!

    Jacquelyn xx | heytherejacquelyn

    ReplyDelete